Alright, y’all. It’s time to shake things up a bit.
This blog has always (and will, probably, always) be about storytelling through writing.
The written word is my bacon ‘n eggs. Always will be.
But this blog is about me AND you. It’s about us moving forward, however imperfectly, together.
So, I’m adding more ways to engage / learn / laugh / scoff at the ongoing mess.
- A Facebook page , which you should follow for daily quips + witticisms + embarrassing videos
- A Facebook group , which is growing daily and chock-full of discussion around the complexities and dual moralities behind breaking free of perfection (a deeper dive, if you will)
A few things to note before you jump in:
- There will be no perfectionism. This will be very difficult for me (and probably for you), as my goal is to post the videos with just one or, at most, two takes. The goal here isn’t perfection or Hollywood quality. It’s being real and honest.
- There will be moderate cussing. There always, inevitably, is. I’m sorry, I’ve tried reforming to no avail. And y’know, REAL life seems to demand cussing on occasion.
- There may be some spirituality talk. I do profess a Christian faith, and this informs a lot of how I live my life. It doesn’t always get discussed or noted, as words like “God” and “blessing” and “conviction” make me incredibly uncomfortable. But I feel you deserve a fair warning that it may, in fact, happen.
- There is no plan. As of now, my goal is just to share insights that feel relevant and powerful to me, and from which I feel others might also benefit. These revelations will move in real time, at the pace of life… which means they’re going to be all over the f*cking place. They will relate to entrepreneurship, motherhood, marriage, relationships of all sorts, growing up, making mistakes in every context imaginable.
Buckle up, buttercup. It’s going to get good (or possibly very shitty).
And hey, invite friends. Every shit show is better with an audience.